Krill oil significantly normalises indicators of blood lipids
Research publication: Bunea R, El Farrah K, Deutsch L. Evaluation of the effects of Neptune Krill Oil on the clinical course of hyperlipidemia. Altern Med Rev. 2004 Dec;9(4):420-8.
Krill oil decreases hunger
Research publication: Banni S et al. Krill oil significantly decreases 2-arachidonoylglycerol plasma levels in obese subjects. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2011; 8: 7.
Most athletes have a low Omega-3 index
Research publications: Buckley JD et al. DHA-rich fish oil lowers heart rate during submaximal exercise in elite Australian Rules footballers. J Sci Med Sport. 2009 Jul;12(4):503-7.
Peoples GE et al. Fish oil reduces heart rate and oxygen consumption during exercise. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2008 Dec;52(6):540-7.
Omega-3 fatty acids protect the heart of an athlete and help it slow down quicker after a work-out
Research publications: Buckley JD et al. DHA-rich fish oil lowers heart rate during submaximal exercise in elite Australian Rules footballers. J Sci Med Sport. 2009 Jul; 12(4):503-7.
Peoples GE et al. Fish oil reduces heart rate and oxygen consumption during exercise. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2008 Dec; 52(6):540-7.
Krill oil decreases arthritis symptoms by 30%
Research publication: Deutsch L. Evaluation of the effect of Neptune Krill Oil on chronic inflammation and arthritic symptoms. J Am Coll Nutr. 2007 Feb; 26(1):39-48.
Extra intake of EPA and DHA promotes blood circulation
Research publication: Tartibian B et al. The effects of ingestion of omega-3 fatty acids on perceived pain and external symptoms of delayed onset of muscle soreness in untrained men. Clin J Sport Med. 2009 Mar; 19(2):115-9.
Extra intake of EPA and DHA improves the physical condition of people not doing sports
1. Rodacki CL et al. Fish-oil supplementation enhances the effects of strength training in elderly women. Am J Clin Nutr 95, 428-436.
2. Tartibian B et al. Omega-3 fatty acids supplementation attenuates inflammatory markers after eccentric exercise in untrained men. Clin J Sport Med. 2011 Mar; 21(2):131-7.
3. Bloomer RJ et al. Effect of eicosapentaenoic and docosahexaenoic acid on resting and exercise-induced inflammatory and oxidative stress biomarkers: a randomized, placebo controlled, cross-over study. Lipids Health Dis. 2009 Aug 19; 8:36.
Krill oil diminishes PMS symptoms for more than 35%
Research publication: Sampalis F., et al. Evaluation of the effects of Neptune Krill Oil on the management of premenstrual syndrome and dysmenorrhea. Altern Med Rev 2003, 8(2):171-179
Krill oil for Potency
Research publications: Giugliano D, Giugliano F, Esposito K. Sexual dysfunction and the Mediterranean diet. Public Health Nutr. 2006 Dec;9(8A):1118-20.
Esposito K, Giugliano F, Maiorino MI, Giugliano D. Dietary factors, Mediterranean diet and erectile dysfunction. J Sex Med. 2010 Jul;7(7):2338-45.
The level of Omega-3 and folic acid during pregnancy and the child’s behaviour
1. Malouf M, Grimley EJ, Areosa SA. Folic acid with or without vitamin B12 for cognition and dementia. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2008;(4):CD004514.
2. D'Souza V, Chavan-Gautam P, Joshi S.Counteracting oxidative stress in pregnancy through modulation of maternal micronutrients and omega-3 fatty acids.Curr Med Chem. 2013;20(37):4777-83.
The role of EPA and DHA in the development of the nervous system
1. Nishimura RY et al. Dietary polyunsaturated fatty acid intake during late pregnancy affects fatty acid composition of mature breastmilk.Nutrition. 2014 Jun;30(6):685-9.
2. Innis SM. Impact of maternal diet on human milk composition and neurological development of infants. Am J Clin Nutr. 2014 Mar;99(3):734S-41S.
3. Greenberg A. J., Bell J. S., Wendy Van Ausdal. Omega – 3 Fatty Acids Supplementation During Pregnancy// http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2621042/pdf/RIOG001004_0162.pdf (sk.28.05.2013.)
Taking DHA fatty acids during pregnancy improves a baby’s immune system in the first months of life
Research publication: Imhoff-Kunsch B et al. Prenatal docosahexaenoic acid supplementation and infant morbidity: randomized controlled trial. Pediatrics. 2011 Sep;128(3).
Vitamin B6 is highly effective for severe anaemia in pregnancy
3. Hisano M, Suzuki R, Sago H, Murashima A, Yamaguchi K. Vitamin B6 deficiency and anemia in pregnancy. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2010 Feb;64(2):221-3
Connection between a baby’s crying and the vitamin B 12 level in the mother’s body
4. Goedhart G, van der Wal MF, van Eijsden M, Bonsel GJ.Maternal vitamin B-12 and folate status during pregnancy and excessive infant crying. Early Hum Dev. 2011 Apr;87(4):309-14.